Thursday, February 21, 2013

And so the curse of getting bad English teachers continues

(Posting a lot, aren't I?)

It started in Middle School.
My middle school English teacher wasn't all that bad, I guess, but she was my least favorite at the time. She was new to teaching, and it may have been just us in an awkward middle school phase that made her dislike us.
Ninth grade, I had a hard teacher. Not necessarily bad, though she did lose our stuff a lot...
Tenth grade, a very sweet woman who really taught us nothing other than group projects suck (for me 'cuz I'd be stuck with the work since she'd stick me with all the idiots who did nothing in an attempt to get them to do something) and also school Macs were slow as fuck.
Eleventh grade, another very nice woman, but new to teaching and shouted everything at us, though that might have been an attempt to say "Hey, I'm your teacher despite being only about five years older than you."
Twelfth grade, I learned absolutely nothing. We watched films and then had to write papers on cinematography (which we never learned a thing about). Thankfully a freshman year film class helped a ton... She was a nice person though.
And now, freshman year of college: Interesting and funny guy to listen to, though talking to him is terrifying. (One class anything anyone said started a political debate with him.) A terribly hard grader, I haven't really learned anything, I think there's like one person right now with a B (highest grade he probably gives) and the rest of us have C's... At the very least, I can pass with a C and still keep a B plus-average overall. (Ha.) Also doesn't seem to be the most understanding guy.

Urgh, they keep getting worse. I think I only have to take one more English class ever, though. And it's an elective. Which I can save until I know I can get a good teacher. Hopefully.
(Also why the fuck does MLA change every so often. That's stupid as fuck. No I'm not going to buy a handbook for MLA for three weeks more of this one class.)

No comments:

Post a Comment